Cinema is a great way to connect with people share some message. This is an outmost form of entertainment people enjoy to watch. Targeting this audience to introduce company marketing is a way big of thinking by marketers. An advertisement that is shown before starting period and in the interval of the movie is a cinema advertisement. Movie metroplexes and cineplexes are getting popular among young stars and unleashing a high space for the marketer to grab an opportunity to attract these young stars into their products through advertising on the big screen.
Benefits of Cinema Ads
This new platform is getting interesting with the day-to-day to the marketer as all kinds of people gather in a movie theatre to watch a good show. The benefits of catching this for marketing is given below:
Screen publicity is liked by all people irrespective of age, sex, and profession. For time being movie theatre lost its charisma over the advent of TV. Recent big multiplexes have once again created a chance to back all audiences to the movie theatres. Advertising in this big-screen attract viewer faster and effectively.
Advertising in the movie theatre is cost-effective.
This kind of promotion uses high advertisement frequency to connect more people.
The movie producers push the audience to go to the theatre which benefits the marketing group.
Cinema advertising has taken a great eye in the advent of marketing as a message can send through a big screen on so many seated audiences who are compiled to watch an advertisement. The huge popularity of movie theaters is gaining with the increase of multiplexes inside a country. In their people go emotionally engaged with a soothing environment and receptible to any message that comes on the big screen. Marketers catch this idea to put this message inside this positive environment with the hope of better results. And they got it overtime. All this happened because of the improvement of cinema theatre projecting with 4K video, Dolby Atmos sounds quality, a place to get refreshments and others. Other reasons might cite as below:
Depending on the movie genre advertiser can choose and place an advertisement for any audience. If the movie is for kids or teenagers, the advertiser shall choose what advertisement has to be placed for that aged group.
All advertisement aired on TV has a time limit of 30seconds or max 60secs. Cinema advertisements can be aired with no time limit.
Advertisers are free to choose any platform on where to show his/her message for marketing. It can be on the big screen, back of tickets, come with a poster and other ways suitable.
Advantage and disadvantage
Cinema casts magic on viewer’s eyes as motion, sound, big screen, color, vision all work at the same time. The presentation of a message has a high chance of attaching an audience. Advertising in cinema holds some advantages as well as some disadvantages too. A slight discussion on these advantages and disadvantages are shown below:
- Advertisement in cinema is economical.
- It creates a long-lasting effect in the viewer’s mind hence planting a message in the audience is easy.
- In cinema theatre, most audiences are local advertisers thereby tries to communicate with the local language preferable to an audience.
- It creates a direct impact big screencast the message all personal take this message on their openness.
- This form of advertising is not broadcasting on mass media so, there catching a mass audience is impossible in a movie theatre.
- Often viewer misses the advertising period coming in late to the movie theatre.
- Some audiences ignore starting the advertising period leaving the theatre for the moments.
It is easy to attract a customer through marketing within cinema theatre. Cinema theatre projects message on the big screen creates a whole new scope to let viewer’s think about the products. Advertising on a big screen in a movie theatre can be economical. The main cost can be divided into two parts:
- Production cost
- Casting cost
Some factors are variable to the cost of the advertisement. They are as follows:
- Production cost increases with big-budget advertising.
- People casting on the advertisement.
- The cost might also vary on the genre of the movie. More often business marketers target the teenager or adults, the cost might vary with the genre of a movie.
- The cost can be dependent on what type of movie is projecting. If a blockbuster movie running the show it attracts more viewers to come into a movie theatre with high hopes which will cost extra money to the advertiser.
- Movie theatre gets a full house during festivals and holidays. Full house costs advertisers more money to advertise within a film.
- The more an advertisement aired on the big screen the more costly it is.